Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mark Twain -- Amateur Astronomer

"I love to revel in philosophical matters - especially astronomy. I study astronomy more than any other foolishness there is. I am a perfect slave to it. I am at it all the time. I have got more smoked glass than clothes. I am as familiar with the stars as the comets are. I know all the facts and figures and I have all the knowledge there is concerning them. I yelp astronomy like a sun-dog, and paw the constellations like Ursa Major.
~ Mark Twain


OK, so he hung out with Tesla and Edison. Now this... Could Mark Twain have had a pre-radio case of The Knack?

1 comment:

  1. I live a few miles away from Shoreham, (site of Tesla's Wardenclyffe Tower), these days. Maybe the Mark Twain assocation has something to do with HuckFinn Lane being just a few blocks down from Tesla Street.

    map:
    http://goo.gl/nIGVp

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column