Podcasting since 2005! Listen to Latest SolderSmoke

Friday, November 12, 2010

KNACKERS OF THE WORLD UNITE! You have nothing to lose but your warranties!

The folks over at ifixit.com have come up with a Self-Repair Manifesto that readers of this blog will find inspirational. I like the line about "Repair injects soul and makes things unique!" Indeed. As of yesterday they were giving away free posters (real posters, not e-posters) in exchange for a Tweet (I got mine, and intend to put it up here in the SolderSmoke Shack.)

I find that a successful repair is almost as gratifying as a scratch-built homebrew project, especially if the problem was difficult to diagnose.

So, ifixit comrades: The SolderSmoke collective is with you! Up the Revolution!

2 comments:

  1. I agree with your comments Bill.

    I have an old Trio/Kenwood TS820s that I have needed to repair on numerous occasions. It may be a old and temperamental, but I always feel that there is a little bit of me in that rig.

    Neil
    G7AQK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bill,

    You might get a kick out of this: http://thereifixedit.failblog.org/

    73,
    Niels PA1DSP

    ReplyDelete

Designer: Douglas Bowman | Dimodifikasi oleh Abdul Munir Original Posting Rounders 3 Column